Job Opening: Statewide Payroll Analyst / EDP Systems Analyst III
CTR is seeking qualified candidates for consideration to fill one, full-time (37.5 hours/week) Payroll Analyst, EDP Systems Analyst III on the Statewide Payroll Team. Under the supervision of the Statewide Payroll Supervisor, this position functions as a Payroll Analyst and performs various payroll and payroll accounting activities demonstrating general payroll knowledge related to tax withholdings, exceptions, deductions, calculations, and IRS/DOR wage reporting requirements.
The specific duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in activities and operations related to the Labor Cost Management System (LCM), and the Human Resource Compensation Management System (HR/CMS)
- Demonstrate fundamental payroll knowledge of HR/CMS and LCM systems to meet general understanding of state finance regulations/fiscal activities and processes.
- Assist with day-to-day operations and system maintenance to ensure timely, efficient and accurate processing of Commonwealth payroll.
- Participate as Tier 2 tech support for HR/CMS and/or LCM and respond to or escalate Tier 2 issues in a timely manner, both effectively and accurately.
- Identify user problems or system problems and communicate towards resolution of those problems.
- Ensure HR/CMS, LCM issues are resolved and recorded before Payroll Processing.
- Participate with team during bi-annual year-end processing including:
- Fiscal Year Close/Open
- Split Year Payroll/Accounts Payable
- Tax Year End
- Assist project team in the upgrades to the Human Resources/Compensation Management System (HR/CMS) to meet state payroll administration system needs and requirements.
- Request and implement other system changes through Service Requests, in coordination with ESS and EOTSS, as directed by supervisor.
- Participate and assist in systems integration and inter-operational functions and activities for payroll – related projects undertaken by the Office of the Comptroller and partner departments.
- Participate in meetings with other agencies technical staff to provide technical assistance involving their business and informational needs and requirements for payroll processing and assist them in finding applications to meet these requirements.
- Actively assist Team and Leadership with cross training, knowledge transfer, disaster recovery, risk assessment and internal control review.
- Interact cooperatively and professionally with colleagues at the Comptroller’s Office and other state departments and agencies.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work with other team members in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work with multiple and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to understand and apply pertinent state/federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to process change.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Access, and other query tools including SQL.
- All employees of CTR may be asked to engage in other administrative or fiscal process
assignments on an as needed basis.
Salary Range: $68,016.52 – $98,517.12
The Office of the Comptroller encourages interested candidates that meet the minimum entrance requirements and qualifications to apply for this position. Interested candidates must submit their materials electronically, by E-mail no later than 5:00 pm, on September 30, 2022 to [email protected]. Submissions should include the following:
- a cover letter; and