CLOSED: Statewide Payroll Accounting Generalist, Program Coordinator II
Thank you for your interest. This position is now closed.
CTR is seeking qualified candidates for consideration to fill one, full-time (37.5 hours/week) Program Coordinator II on the Statewide Payroll Team. Under the supervision of the Statewide Payroll Officer, this position functions as a Payroll Accounting Generalist and performs various payroll and payroll accounting activities with a focus on data quality assurance.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support analyst for compliance with the measuring of full-time employment and reporting
under the Employer Shared Responsibility provision of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Ability to use a series of queries and reports to identify data issues.
- Ability to create queries and other data analysis for data quality assurance.
- Receive and respond to inquiries or tickets from department HR/Payroll staff.
- Assist departments with correcting any payroll funding availability issues prior to payroll
processing. Ensure departmental communication is timely and informative. Troubleshoot
departmental employee distribution and department’s understanding of distribution
- Recommend actions including enhancements and system corrections to streamline business
processes to ensure efficiency and data integrity.
- Participate and assist in systems integration and inter-operational functions and activities for
payroll – related projects undertaken by the Office of the Comptroller and partner
- Execute acceptance testing for changes to HR/CMS, LCM and MMARS.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of desktop tools, programs, applications, and systems to
meet Payroll Team processing and accounting goals and objectives. These include but are not
limited to: MMARS, Word, Access, Excel, CIW, PowerPoint, etc.
- Update HR/CMS job aids, instructions, and weekly bulletins.
- Participate in meetings with other agencies’ technical staff to provide technical assistance
involving their business and informational needs and requirements for payroll processing and
assist them in finding applications to meet these requirements.
- Immediately raise questionable actions, requests or potential errors or issues to the attention
of your supervisor, manager, or director.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational needs.
- Remain current with CTR policies and procedures, read CTR memos, updates, attend annual
internal control, risk, and fraud prevention trainings.
- Ability to understand and apply pertinent state/federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Interact cooperatively and professionally with colleagues at the Comptroller’s Office and other
state departments and agencies.
- Ability to work with other team members in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Actively assist CTR Team Leadership with cross training, knowledge transfer, disaster recovery,
risk assessment and internal control review.
- All employees of CTR may be asked to engage in other administrative or fiscal process
assignments on an as needed basis.
Bargaining Unit / Salary Range
NAGE UNIT 6 / Grade 12: $62,268.18 – $89,143.08
As per the Unit 6 Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the National Association of Government Employees. The range is based upon a series of steps. Any potential offer is determined based upon an analysis of the minimum entrance requirements, the candidate’s relevant work experience and educational achievement level.
How to Apply
Email materials to [email protected] no later than 5:00pm on March 31, 2023 with Statewide Payroll Accounting Generalist, Program Coordinator II FY23-024 in the subject line.
Submissions should include:
- a cover letter
- three business writing samples
- three professional references