Cybercriminals don’t take holidays
The White House has issued a briefing, “Protecting Against Malicious Cyber Activity before the Holidays” that reminds the nation to be vigilant against cyber crime. This is a good time to remind staff of the following:
- Continue to use strong internal controls.
- Remain vigilant regarding suspicious emails, links, texts, and phones calls.
- Notify your IT staff immediately if there are any suspicious emails, texts, or other activity.
- Use information already on file to validate that the requester and request are expected and legitimate.
- Review CTR’s Telework Tips, CTR Cybersecurity Tips and Alerts, and Holiday email and text scams.
See our updated CTR Cyber page with guidance and tools for assessing your cybersecurity internal controls and additional Ransomware Preparedness and Mitigation resources. Please contact [email protected] with any incidents or suspected incidents of fraud or cyber threats.